Bite Size Yoga
We’ve all been guilty of using the line “I’m too busy” when it comes to making time for ourselves. There is always someone else who needs our attention. Or another task on the to-do list to complete. Self-care generally falls to the bottom of the list of priorities. But, looking after ourselves helps us to look after others. By taking time out to breathe, relax, exercise and eat nourishing food, we refill our energy supplies. It was the combination of lack of time and knowing how important time for one’s self is that led to the creation of Bite Size Yoga.
What is Bite Size Yoga?
Bite Size Yoga is a series I’ve started on YouTube. The videos focus on gentle yoga practices for specific body parts or a location to practice. My aim is to show that yoga can be performed in many different ways and in many different places.
You do not have to attend an hour long class or be super flexible to practice yoga. Yoga is more than just the physical postures. Sitting still with the breath or lying in relaxation (Corpse pose) can have just as many benefits, if not more, than doing the physical postures.
Why Bite Size Yoga is better than No Yoga
As with anything in life, making time for five minutes of self-care is better than nothing at all. So you can’t make an hour class? Here are a few of my favourite ways to incorporate yoga into my day:
- Spend five minutes for every hour sitting at your work desk doing some gentle stretches.
- Start your day off with a few rounds of deep breathing.
- Listen to a meditation track on your commute or on your lunch break.
- Strike a yoga pose between hanging washing on the line.
- Stand in tree pose while washing dishes.
- Close your eyes and meditate for a few moments in the shower.
- Include your kids in the asanas you do practice. Make it fun!
Have a favourite way to include yoga in your day? Leave a comment and share your favourites as we’d love to hear from you!!