In the world of personal development and the entrepreneurial journey, journaling has become a popular tool for delving into every aspect of your life and clearing out the clutter. I’ve kept a journal since I was a teenager. My consistency and style of writing has changed and evolved as I’ve grown and developed.
Whether you call it journaling, mind clutter dumping, or just note-taking, it doesn’t matter, the main thing is that you do the action. You write stuff out. Learn how and why journaling is an important tool for changing your life and creating the life of your dreams.
- Get it out! Journaling is a form of decluttering. When you remove fearful and worrying thoughts from your mind you create space for what you do want in your life, for positive thoughts and for love and joy.
- Release. Writing it out releases old stories and helps you to work through blockages and limiting beliefs so that you can re-write your story to serve your highest purpose and your desires and dreams.
- Form of Meditation. Writing is a form of meditation. It allows you to focus, clear the mind and release anxiety. You slow down the body, connect with the breath and write without distraction, simply allowing the thoughts to flow out, creating space for new ideas, positive thoughts and intentions.
How to Journal?
There is no right or wrong way to journal. It is a very individual practice. However there are three key things that will help you in your journaling practice:
- Set routines. Establish a time of day that you will write and be consistent!
- Just write. Stop trying to write perfectly. Just write whatever comes out. Even if you have to start with ‘I don’t know what I want to write about…” and see what flows from there.
- Know your WHY. Why do you want to journal? When you know your why, your commitment and motivation to follow through will be easy!
Want to know more about journaling?
Want to step your journaling practices up a notch? Not sure where to start or want to be held accountable to write everyday?
Join me for the Journaling Boot Camp!! 30-days of creating new habits and learning new ways to get the most our of your journaling practice. With daily tasks and prompts, plus a copy of the Reconnect with Yourself eBook ($12 value) this boot camp will shift your journaling practices into the next level.
Buy Now for just $33